Old 12-05-2006, 11:41 AM posted to austin.gardening
Jonny

Default Household bleach

Same here Kathy.

City of Wimberley depends on ground water from a well also. Its stored on
that big blue water tower off Wayside Drive. Further down the street, just
outside Wimberley city limits on the left-hand side, a local septic company
dumps the "blue water" from the portable toilets on his own land.
--
Jonny
"Kathleen" wrote in message
That is really scary.
I drink well water.
Grrrrr!
With hope and heart,
Kathleen
--
This year, or this month, or, more likely, this very day, we have failed
to practise ourselves the kind of behaviour we expect from other people.

"Jonny" wrote in message
k.net...
Frequent the local dollar store here in Wimberley. The store has cases

and
cases of household bleach stacked inside the store. Noticed a few folks
were buying the bleach by the case (6 gallon containers in a case).
Curious, I asked one person why so much bleach. He said he is using to

pour
undiluted in standing water areas on his land. Made me curious.

What is this doing to:
-the water table
-local flora
-animals and insects that drink this bleach water
-long term affects
???
--
Jonny