Old 12-05-2006, 05:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Lyndon

Default spring onion problems

"Andy" wrote in message
Ditto, White Lisbon, only a proportion come up, maybe 10%. I have two
theories. One is that slugs mow them down just as they pop their heads
above the soil, but clearly this hasn't happened to all of them.

My White Lisbon germination rate was 100%. However, they are not doing very
much at all. I was hoping they would be a useful catch crop, but at their
present rate of growth, they may be ready for Christmas

Let's hope they enter their teenage years very soon.

Lyndon