Old 13-05-2006, 01:09 AM posted to rec.gardens
Phisherman

Default Hydrangea?

On Fri, 12 May 2006 19:49:05 -0400, "BE" wrote:

Just wondering how fast Hydrangea grow?

My son bought my wife a potted one foe mothers' day. It has 4 stalks and 4
large pom-poms in bloom. I have a rather large one already outside that's
4-5 ft. tall, 6 ft. across with dozens and dozens of stalks.

How soon, (years?) will it take to get as big as the large one outside?

Just want to plant it in a proper location.

Thanks...

Growth has so many factors: water, soil conditions, light, etc. To
reach 6 feet across, I'd guess 3-5 years with good-growing conditions.