Old 12-05-2006, 10:02 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Srgnt Billko

Default Stump Removal

"Tomes" wrote in message
k.net...
"Srgnt Billko" wrote in message

"Todd Lerfondler" wrote in message
What's a good price to get a couple of large tree stumps removed?

I just had 80+ stumps removed. Ranging from 6 to 48" in diameter (some
logs too). Done with an excavator - dug big holes and buried most of
them - pushed some in a gully and buried them too. Cost three grand but
he was here 2 full days and did some leveling and roadwork too.

If the stumps are buried under what is leveled, it will only be level
until the stumps rot, then there will be a depression as the rotting
stumps compress.
Tomes

You are sort of right. They have to be buried real deep - and the operator
runs the excavator right down on them to compress them. We did the same
thing about 10 years ago (3 holes) and have only needed a garden cart (pull
behind mower) full of dirt in each so far to fill depressions.