Old 11-05-2006, 05:04 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Todd Lerfondler

Default Stump Removal

What's a good price to get a couple of large tree stumps removed?

Old 11-05-2006, 09:12 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Eggs Zachtly

Todd Lerfondler said:

What's a good price to get a couple of large tree stumps removed?

I just had two very large trees (maple and ash) cut down, stumps ground,
and debris removed for $750. That was a pretty good price for all that was
done. The price wasn't broken down to each individual task.

Just call around, or ask your neighbors who they'd recommend.

--
Eggs

-I know it sounds like I'm in denial, but I'm not.
Old 12-05-2006, 03:17 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Pat

You can do it yourself for the price of the rental of a stump grinder. Call
a rental yard and ask. If you don't want to run it then add the cost of one
mans wages for a day. To get a price from a contractor pick one out of the
phone book and call. They don't charge for estimates and likely could give
one over the phone.

Old 12-05-2006, 04:23 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Tomes

You can rent a stump grinder from the likes of HD for about $100US per day.
Tomes

Old 12-05-2006, 12:51 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Pat wrote:
You can do it yourself for the price of the rental of a stump grinder. Call
a rental yard and ask. If you don't want to run it then add the cost of one
mans wages for a day.

A day to grind 2 stumps? A tree service can do this in less than an
hour. I'd call around and get some quotes. If you can wait to have it
done. I'd point that out to them. They may give you a better price if
they can just swing by when they are in the area.

Old 12-05-2006, 12:51 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
newsreader

Todd Lerfondler wrote:
What's a good price to get a couple of large tree stumps removed?

About $100 each to grind a stump, if the tree guy is already in the
area. Expect to pay more if he is making a special trip just for your two.
Old 12-05-2006, 03:14 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Todd Lerfondler

Thanks for all the help guys...I never thought about renting a stump
grinder.

Old 12-05-2006, 03:37 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Srgnt Billko

"Todd Lerfondler" wrote in message
What's a good price to get a couple of large tree stumps removed?

I just had 80+ stumps removed. Ranging from 6 to 48" in diameter (some logs
too). Done with an excavator - dug big holes and buried most of them -
pushed some in a gully and buried them too. Cost three grand but he was
here 2 full days and did some leveling and roadwork too.

Old 12-05-2006, 07:20 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Tomes

"Srgnt Billko" wrote in message

"Todd Lerfondler" wrote in message
What's a good price to get a couple of large tree stumps removed?

I just had 80+ stumps removed. Ranging from 6 to 48" in diameter (some
logs too). Done with an excavator - dug big holes and buried most of
them - pushed some in a gully and buried them too. Cost three grand but
he was here 2 full days and did some leveling and roadwork too.

If the stumps are buried under what is leveled, it will only be level until
the stumps rot, then there will be a depression as the rotting stumps
compress.
Tomes

Old 12-05-2006, 10:02 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Srgnt Billko

"Tomes" wrote in message
k.net...
"Srgnt Billko" wrote in message

"Todd Lerfondler" wrote in message
What's a good price to get a couple of large tree stumps removed?

I just had 80+ stumps removed. Ranging from 6 to 48" in diameter (some
logs too). Done with an excavator - dug big holes and buried most of
them - pushed some in a gully and buried them too. Cost three grand but
he was here 2 full days and did some leveling and roadwork too.

If the stumps are buried under what is leveled, it will only be level
until the stumps rot, then there will be a depression as the rotting
stumps compress.
Tomes

You are sort of right. They have to be buried real deep - and the operator
runs the excavator right down on them to compress them. We did the same
thing about 10 years ago (3 holes) and have only needed a garden cart (pull
behind mower) full of dirt in each so far to fill depressions.

Old 13-05-2006, 05:09 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Tomes

"Srgnt Billko" wrote in message
"Tomes" wrote in message
k.net...
[...]

Cool, thanks for the real data.
Tomes

Old 13-05-2006, 08:59 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Kyle Boatright

"Todd Lerfondler" wrote in message
What's a good price to get a couple of large tree stumps removed?

The going rate in Atlanta is $1.75 per inch of diameter. They measure the
diameter at soil level.

Tree Stump Removal Alan Smith United Kingdom 8 29-09-2008 08:32 PM
Stump Removal Wanda Too Australia 14 30-01-2004 06:18 AM
tree stump removal Giggles Gardening 6 30-09-2003 04:02 AM
Stump removal Frank K. Lawns 6 14-09-2003 02:32 PM
tree stump removal DScott Texas 18 12-09-2003 02:02 PM