Old 13-05-2006, 02:15 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Eggs Zachtly

Default Using a reel mower

George.com said:

"Steveo" wrote in message
"George.com" wrote:
"Steveo" wrote in message
"George.com" wrote:
"Steveo" wrote in message
That can be cut with a rotary mower, no?

Why do you want to cut it with a reel?

I was informed that I would get a better end result with a reel
mower, that it was better for the grass.

I would disagree if you're not running a really nice reel with sharp
blades
on a blue/rye/fescue blend. It's best on bent.

the mower is in good nick and blades are sharp. It was in to the shop a
couple weeks ago and had a good thorough going over. What variety of
grass do you consider is best for a reel mower then?

^^See where it says bent? ^^

yeah but what, all types, specific varieties do better than other in your
opinion, what?

Penncross is the most common bent grass for homes, if I'm not mistaken.

Would you really want to have a putting green for a yard, tho? The
maintenence costs would be quite high. You might want to do some serious
research on bents and their upkeep before getting yourself in over your
head.

Just out of curiosity, where are you located?

--
Eggs

Did Washington flash a quarter when asked for ID?