Old 13-05-2006, 02:13 PM posted to rec.ponds
CanadianCowboyİ

Default Hardy lily kit

Snooze wrote:
"CanadianCowboyİ" wrote in message
.. .
I ordered a couple of hardy lilies online and when they arrived they were
one of those encased in coconut fur in a plastic casing. The instructions
say to just float it in the water and watch them grow.
Is it that easy ? Should I see sprouting from the top ?
These are my first lilies so sorry for the dumb questions.

Pretty much. I just rest my lilly rhizome under some pea gravel in a pond
basket, just to keep in 1 location.

If you live up north, you might want to put in a plastic mesh basket with
some pea gravel over it, to ensure that the rhizome stays below the ice
level.

-S

I assume these are dormant at this stage. How long before I see any
kind of growth ?