Old 13-05-2006, 01:33 PM posted to austin.gardening
Jonny

Default Household bleach

What's even sadder is standing water doesn't stand that long in the hill
country. Except artificially created ponds by blocking runoff, and water
troughs for the animals.
--
Jonny
"Cindy" wrote in message
om...
I'm not an environmentalist wacko either, thanks, but IMO it's pretty safe
to say that dumping poison on the ground would be a *bad thing.* Probably
the guy is trying to kill mosquito larvae. Isn't it sad to kill whatever
else that lives there too.....

Cindy
___________________________
Jonny,
Before we go reporting this guy to "someone" it would be advisable to do a
search to see what the bleach will do to the environment. I'm not saying
that
he hasn't already done so and knows what he is doing, but maybe he does
know
what he is doing. Mind you, I am not an environmentalist wacko, even
though I
have gone organic in my vegetable patch at home, the yard and flower beds.
On
the other hand, at times the organic way does not work and one has to turn
other means of fixin' things, and that does not mean that I have no
concern or
care for the environment. There is ALWAYS a happy medium to all problems,
and
maybe, just maybe that is what this guy found. Let's not jump to
conclusions
and go to the extremes.

Ray
South Austin