Old 13-05-2006, 09:46 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Elliott

Default Best thing to stain Decking

Hi all,
Can you help?
I have some decking which last year spent circa £100 on 4 tins of
ronseal decking stain. All looked nice, but loads of it has come off
through, wear and tear ( admitedly a lot due to building an
extension!). I wonder if there is anything better (and cheaper), that
will a) last longer and b) cover the old staining and where it has come
off?

thanks

Ronseal is one of the better products, but twice a year we also use a
decking oil which soaks into the wood and helps preseve it.

A cheap way is to use fence paint but it does not look as nice in my opinion