Old 13-05-2006, 06:57 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Garden Gnome

Default Are you guys into nutrition?

aem wrote:

wrote:

Do you grow veggies and fruits for the nutrition?

No. We grow them for freshness and taste and quality and variety. If
they turn out to be more nutritious as well, fine, but that's a side
effect for us.
[snip]

Sort of same here although nutrition is very important. I like growing
varieties of tomatoes and other vegetables that I can't get in the
stores. I like the freshness of being able to pick and eat. We enjoy
the taste of home grown and since I garden organically I know there
isn't a problem with pesticide residue. I think too, that just the
knowledge that it is home grown plays a role as well as knowing I'm
getting exercise while gardening.

I read that old age begins at age 27-35 because that's when your body
drastically reduces the amount of enzymes it produces, but you can get
those enzymes from fruits and vegetables and especially sprouts.

You can read almost anything about health and nutrition, especially on
the internet. In my opinion, a great deal of caution is needed to
verify that the sources are reliable. In my experience, Google (and
the like) is an abundant source for horseshit, which works better as a
garden fertilizer than it is does as a nutritional supplement. -aem

--

Garden Gnome
http://ca.360.yahoo.com/sfg.oamc