Old 13-05-2006, 03:34 PM posted to rec.ponds
Lizzard Guy

Default Hardy lily kit

WELL IF YOUR PULLING IT LIKE YOU NORMALLY DO WHEN CAROL AND GILL IS
NOT AROUND THEN ITS LOST HOPE IN GETTING IT TO GROW ANY LONGER
DUMBASS.

On Sat, 13 May 2006 09:13:35 -0400, CanadianCowboyİ
wrote:
Snooze wrote:
"CanadianCowboyİ" wrote in message
.. .
I ordered a couple of hardy lilies online and when they arrived they were
one of those encased in coconut fur in a plastic casing. The instructions
say to just float it in the water and watch them grow.
Is it that easy ? Should I see sprouting from the top ?
These are my first lilies so sorry for the dumb questions.

Pretty much. I just rest my lilly rhizome under some pea gravel in a pond
basket, just to keep in 1 location.

If you live up north, you might want to put in a plastic mesh basket with
some pea gravel over it, to ensure that the rhizome stays below the ice
level.

-S

I assume these are dormant at this stage. How long before I see any
kind of growth ?

"The original frugal ponder.."Since my statements are
given freely, take em or leave em, I am entitled to
my opinion none the less. My opinion and $1 is still
only worth $1.....but I am entitled to "MY" opinion...