Old 13-05-2006, 05:34 PM posted to rec.ponds
~ janj

Default 2 baby koi, 1 baby plant

Speaking of algae. My 2000g is as bad as it's ever been. As soon as we get
the chance to we're putting the UV light back on it for the first time in a
few years. It's loaded with plants but still pea soup. Visibility is near
zero and it was cleaned out this spring.

That's why it is, but you know that. :-)

Even if one has a LOT of plants, if one has BIG fish, and quite a few (I
don't remember the number you drop down to), this is still going to happen.
Green water can be good, it is using up nutrients until the pond can
balance itself with fuzz algae around the edges & filtration. ~ jan
See my ponds and filter design:
www.jjspond.us

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a