Old 13-05-2006, 04:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Charlie Pridham

Default Help identifying plant/weed?

"K" wrote in message
serialthrilla writes
Hello to the group,

Can anyone help me identify this plant/weed, that has currently spread to
roughly 2 feet square.

Here is a picture of 2 separate plants within the area that it covers.

http://www.kingsfamily.co.uk/images/weed.jpg
http://www.kingsfamily.co.uk/images/weed2.jpg

Difficult to tell at this young stage. You say that it has 'currently
spread to roughly 2 ft square' - do you mean this has spread by runners,
or is it more, as appears from the pic, that you have young seedlings in
a 2ft square patch? If the latter, it could be Geum urbanum, but you'd
need to let it grow a bit more to be sure.
--
Kay

If its Geum urbanum I wouldn't wait to find out, am still failing to get rid
of it 20 years on after getting its seed from the RHS seed list and assuming
it would be interesting, some students revenge for a bad day no doubt!

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk