Old 13-05-2006, 05:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Help identifying plant/weed?

Charlie Pridham writes

If its Geum urbanum I wouldn't wait to find out, am still failing to get rid
of it 20 years on after getting its seed from the RHS seed list and assuming
it would be interesting, some students revenge for a bad day no doubt!

That's the advantage of gardeners taking an interest in wild flowers -
I'd have known exactly what you were getting ;-)

I find it's very useful to have a wild flower guide at my elbow while
reading the Chiltern catalogue, for similar reasons. (Chiltern are no
different from any other seed merchant in their ability to highlight the
good points of their plants, but they have a more adventurous range than
most)
--
Kay