Old 13-05-2006, 07:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
sam

Default Garlic

Me wrote:
What do you grow them from?
Is it a case of buying a garlic, splitting it into cloves and planting them out?

Me

The old saying was ' plant on the shortest day and harvest on the longest'.
I always buy from a reputable seed merchant. They will only sell ones
suitable for our climate.Garlic from thegreengrocers may have come from
distant lands and may not thrive.
Yes, you split them into cloves and plant them.When first harvested they
are known as 'green garlic' and are at their best.
when dry they will keep for months ( if not eaten first).
Bon appetit !

Sam