Old 13-05-2006, 08:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ade

Default War against Lily Beetles resumes

"Sue" wrote ...
Welcome warm sunshine here in E. Angular seems to have brought rather
more unwelcome lily beetles out of hiding. I've squished at least a
dozen so far even though they seem to see me creeping up on them and
keep trying to do a fast shuffle to hide on the underside of the leaves.

I've also seen loads of red lily beetles in my garden this past couple of
weeks, on all kinds of plants such as tulips, fatsia and zantedescia.
However, I've also noticed a lack of greenfly on my honeysuckle (touch
wood), which is normally covered with them.