Old 14-05-2006, 12:42 AM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-Lo

Default 2 baby koi, 1 baby plant

"~ janj" wrote in message
Speaking of algae. My 2000g is as bad as it's ever been. As soon as we
get
the chance to we're putting the UV light back on it for the first time in
few years. It's loaded with plants but still pea soup. Visibility is
near
zero and it was cleaned out this spring.

That's why it is, but you know that. :-)

Even if one has a LOT of plants, if one has BIG fish, and quite a few (I
don't remember the number you drop down to), this is still going to
happen.
Green water can be good, it is using up nutrients until the pond can
balance itself with fuzz algae around the edges & filtration. ~ jan

You're right Jan. But GEEZE, I want to see my fish and am getting
impatient. We have 13 koi in that pond, most are over 12" long. Actually
it is a little clearer today. I added extra Muriate of Potash the other
day. That may have helped. I got the idea to add extra potash from the
aquarium group.
--
Koi-Lo....
Frugal ponding since 1995.