Old 14-05-2006, 12:59 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Mac Cool

Default Should I fix this old Toro Riding Mower or buy a new one?

paddy:
The only "John Deere" that is mad by John Deere are some of their
commericial mowers. What you see at the big box stores are not mad by
John Deere.

So your point is not to buy a John Deere? Do you have a reason for not
recommending John Deere other than John Deere contracting out the
manufacturing? Because I have heard many positive comments from John Deere
owners and read a few in this group.

If I end up replacing the Toro what brand would you recommend for under
$1700? Personally I am a Toro fan but comparing mowers under $2500, the
John Deere seems much sturdier than anything else.

Thanks,
--
Mac Cool