Old 13-05-2006, 10:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
BoyPete

Default Pampas grass

Nick Maclaren wrote:
In article ,
"BoyPete" writes:

I've just planted a couple of these, about 1ft. tall. Can anyone
give me an idea of growth rate please. Ta

It depends on the conditions, and whether they are dwarf varieties
or not. If not, and in full sun and fertile soil, expect them to
get to 1-2 metres across and 1+ high in a few years, and more in
due course.

Mmm, can it be confined to less that that by pruning?

Effectively not. It sounds as if you are one of the many people who
have planted them in a space that is too small. It is a common error.
They are very attractive plants, but not ones for a small garden.
Sorry.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Yes, you're right there Nick. I guess I'll have to bear the consequences of
my ignorance. Thanks for your replies.
--
London meet 2006
http://www.blackberrymoon.co.uk/meet2006/meet2006