Old 13-05-2006, 10:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
James Fidell

Default Garlic

Gary Woods wrote:
"BoyPete" wrote:

There's some garlic info on my personal page, in the .sig below, though it
has a North American accent. The main adjustment would be that some
hardneck types need a colder winter dormancy than much of the U.K. has.
The previous advice about "get seed garlic from close to home" is
excellent!

I didn't have all my veggie beds ready last year (still digging some of
them today) -- I'm moving the veggie plot and the old beds are probably
going to end up being used for fruit and cutting flowers. Anyhow, my
garlic bulbs were delivered with all my other seeds late last year, so
I just left them in the fridge, eventually planting them out a couple of
months ago. I had a few cloves that had gone mouldy that I had to
discard, but every single clove I planted has come up and is doing very
well. I'm rather pleased

James