Old 13-05-2006, 11:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce

Default Help identifying plant/weed?

K wrote:
Geum does indeed have pinnate leaves. But the first few leaves at
seedling stage are simple. I should know - I grow them by the thousand
;-)

Ditto ) Got a yellow one this year by accident too. I'm not too happy
though but it'll do.

(snip)

I think you're being misled ;-)

Indeedee. The young leaves are often missleading. I hope the OP will
keep a few and mature one so we can see what develops!

IF it wasn't for the fact he's got a two ft square patch of the things,
I'd also be thinking of perhaps Heuchera.

I'll stick with the geum urbanum. I grow Heuchera and find the first
leaves more pinate than the OP's picture.

This is the first leaves of the geum urbanum - a real pest in my
garden, but I keep a few in the gravel path for softness )

http://cjoint.com/?foab3gipWz