Old 13-05-2006, 11:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce

Default Pampas grass

Nick Maclaren wrote:
Effectively not. It sounds as if you are one of the many people who
have planted them in a space that is too small. It is a common error.
They are very attractive plants, but not ones for a small garden.
Sorry.

I took mine out last week end from a raised bed I had made. For a
couple of years it looked great, hide the couple of bins I had but then
started to cover everything with its long leaves and threaten my prized
Astrantia (one's from Mr Diarmuid). I thought it would take ages to
take out - I had even booked my husband to help but I removed it with
no problem and composted it. I'd immagine a couple of more years and I
would have had to book a GCB or some other contraption )