Old 14-05-2006, 04:46 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Mac Cool

Default Should I fix this old Toro Riding Mower or buy a new one?

Artemis:

paddy wrote:
If you Toro is doing fine buy a 300.00 deck and use it for another
14 years. If it craps out afte only another 5 years you have made
money.

I could not disagree more. He said "I've gotten my money's worth out
of it", "it's slow as hell", and "will barely get me up the hill". It
makes no sense to put $300 into it.

Yeah, I think I've gotten my moneys worth. Today I got someone to take a
good look at it and it's either a loose drive belt or the hydrostatic
transmission is shot. Tomorrow I'm going to replace the belt. If that
doesn't fix it then it isn't worth a new transmission + new deck.

Any comments on Craftsman Riding Mowers?
--
Mac Cool