Old 14-05-2006, 03:01 PM posted to rec.gardens
William Wagner

Default Killing and removing Poison Ivy.

In article .com,
"Ether Jones" wrote:

Put some old pants and and old pair of machine-washable shoes.
Long-sleve shirt and gloves.

Immediately throw all the clothes into the washer when you're done.

Sound advice!

I'd add take a shower.

I pull poison ivy by hand. Real slow as to not leave roots about.
Tedious, but I keep an eye out to reduce the work. I then bury the
plants I pulled a foot down. Done every year this is manageable.

Wait 6 weeks and venture forth again to round up any you missed the
first time.

Sound advice!

Bill

--