Old 14-05-2006, 09:51 PM posted to rec.gardens
Baron

Default Killing and removing Poison Ivy.

"Danny" wrote in message
Folks would appreciate any recommendations be that products or methods for
getting rid of Poison Ivy in my back yard, its gotten into the ground
cover....

Thanks

Check out the "You Bet Your Garden" website. Follow the directions
there and you will have 100% success. Basically, you kill the poison ivy
with super strong vinegar. This is NOT the stuff you buy at the
supermarket. I recommended it to a friend and he swears he could actually
see the ivy dying. If the soil isn't ready for plantings of your choice
after all the ivy has died, you just bring the pH back with some limestone.

Good Luck.