Old 15-05-2006, 02:30 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
rebecca

Default heavy attack of spider mites

On 14 May 2006 10:25:10 -0700, "GH" wrote:

Does anyone know how to get rid of the Tetranychus urticae or spider
mite? They have devastated my herb pots, ate the potatoe, tomatoe and
some bean plants and now they seem to be moving on to the flower
department.

I have made a spray with a little bit of buttermilk and flour (like a
tablespoon of each for two liters of water), and some insecticidal
soap thrown in, and it worked really well. We get spider mites on our
beans every year.