Old 15-05-2006, 05:15 PM posted to rec.gardens
I Love Lucy

Default Looking for a 'Polly Hagaman' Lilac

"axemanchris" wrote in message
. ..

"jonnyco" wrote in message
ups.com...
I am looking for a cultivar of lilac called 'Polly Hagaman' for a
client of mine. It was named after her grandmother and she would
like
to see about getting a cutting or whole plant if someone either has
one
or might know where one is. Thanks for any help.

You could try contacting the Royal Botanical Gardens in Hamilton,
Ontario.
They have one of the largest collections of lilacs in the world.

Yes, I forgot to walk over to the park Sunday to see what they had at
their sale and ask. I'd start contacting botanical gardens in the US or
Canada if you live there. Here's just one in Des Moines, IA with
contact info.

http://www.botanicalcenter.com/

Here's a list of botanical gardens in the US by state:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._United_States

Hope you can find one.

Jacqui