Old 10-05-2006, 11:35 PM posted to rec.gardens
jonnyco

Default Looking for a 'Polly Hagaman' Lilac

I am looking for a cultivar of lilac called 'Polly Hagaman' for a
client of mine. It was named after her grandmother and she would like
to see about getting a cutting or whole plant if someone either has one
or might know where one is. Thanks for any help.

Old 12-05-2006, 03:10 PM posted to rec.gardens
I Love Lucy

"jonnyco" wrote in message
ups.com...
I am looking for a cultivar of lilac called 'Polly Hagaman' for a
client of mine. It was named after her grandmother and she would like
to see about getting a cutting or whole plant if someone either has
one
or might know where one is. Thanks for any help.

I've spent a little time trying to find one of these on the web, never
heard of it. Are you sure it is spelled correctly? Or possibly known
by another name? Sunday our local horticural society that was
instrumental in putting in a lilac garden here locally with many
varieties is having their annual sale. If I get over there, I will ask
if anyone knows about this particular lilac. They used to have lots of
people who scoured the country for unusual varieties and knew about the
various hybrids.

Old 13-05-2006, 11:30 PM posted to rec.gardens
axemanchris

"jonnyco" wrote in message
ups.com...
I am looking for a cultivar of lilac called 'Polly Hagaman' for a
client of mine. It was named after her grandmother and she would like
to see about getting a cutting or whole plant if someone either has one
or might know where one is. Thanks for any help.

You could try contacting the Royal Botanical Gardens in Hamilton, Ontario.
They have one of the largest collections of lilacs in the world.

Jacqui

Old 15-05-2006, 05:15 PM posted to rec.gardens
I Love Lucy

"axemanchris" wrote in message
. ..

"jonnyco" wrote in message
ups.com...
I am looking for a cultivar of lilac called 'Polly Hagaman' for a
client of mine. It was named after her grandmother and she would
like
to see about getting a cutting or whole plant if someone either has
one
or might know where one is. Thanks for any help.

You could try contacting the Royal Botanical Gardens in Hamilton,
Ontario.
They have one of the largest collections of lilacs in the world.

Yes, I forgot to walk over to the park Sunday to see what they had at
their sale and ask. I'd start contacting botanical gardens in the US or
Canada if you live there. Here's just one in Des Moines, IA with
contact info.

http://www.botanicalcenter.com/

Here's a list of botanical gardens in the US by state:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._United_States

Hope you can find one.

Jacqui

[IMG] code is On

Re Polly tunnel covers David Hill United Kingdom 4 26-05-2012 03:44 PM
Datura metel 'La fleur lilac' cultivation Trevor Appleton United Kingdom 1 27-04-2003 12:32 PM
lilac Susan Gillispie North Carolina 4 01-04-2003 02:34 AM
Lilac won't flower Peter United Kingdom 2 16-03-2003 08:08 PM
Dwarf Lilac - seem to have killed it? Rosie United Kingdom 3 26-11-2002 12:50 AM