Old 16-03-2003, 09:20 AM
Martin Sykes

Default Must have books in your collection ?

"david" wrote in message
My "Bible" was bought by my Mother in 1953 in a Book Sale in W.H. Smiths,
and cost the princely sum of 5 Guineas
I Have had it rebound and its 1088 pages are packed full of information

that
is still relevant and a great source of reference.
The Book?
It's "The Popular Encyclopedia of Gardening"
Edited by H.H.Thomas and Gordon Forsyth (Who was then
Editor of Popular Gardening)
Published by The Waverley Book Company Ltd of London

There is no date of publishing and I would love to get a date for the

book,
My feeling is that it was published before the War.

I has a quick search and found a reference on the following page to the same
title published as a number of volumes instead of a single book, labelled as
'about 1920'
so presumably the amalgamation into a single volume was later than that.

http://touchwoodbooks.co.nz/2h/tsecdict.html