Old 16-05-2006, 12:42 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
cineman

Default Comfrey Tea

A poultice of comfrey leaves assists in reducing bruising and in sprains

regards
Cineman

"Bobby" wrote in message
I have a 55 gallon plastic drum (thankfully with a tight lid) and am making
my first ever batch of comfrey tea which will be used to fertilize the
garden.

When harvesting the wild comfrey I chopped down the whole plant (leaves,
stalks and some flowers) and shredded them into smaller pieces.

My question is: After I have brewed the tea and drained off the liquid,
will the residue be safe to put into my compost bin or would there still
be a chance that the comfrey could reproduce?

Please note that I'm using wild comfrey so I can't guarantee it is the
bocking 14 variety.