Old 16-03-2003, 09:20 AM
Annabel

Default Home made cold frame?

"shannie" wrote in message
I have a very old chest of drawers in one of my sheds. The bottom is

rotting
in one of the drawers and I was wondering if this would do as a

'beginners'
cold frame. It's very large measures about 5' long x 2.5' deepx 18"

tall.
It's very strong wood (except the bottom)and if I knock the rest of

the
rotten wood out of the bottom would it be alright to use as a cold

frame? If
it is, do I have to have sloping glass on top or can I just put a pane

of
glass on top and leave it flat?

Thanks in advance Shan (Ireland)

--

To mail me direct please reply to:shannie(AT)utvinternet.ie
(replace the "at" with the usual symbol.)

Best to have it sloping so that condensation formed on the inside does
not drop onto seed trays etc, also a slopping top sheds rain better.

Bell