Old 16-05-2006, 05:27 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Susan Erickson

Default S/H Repotting.

On 15 May 2006 08:42:43 -0700, "jtill" wrote:

Say you have a large plant in traditional medium and you repot in S/H.
The roots will die off and be replaced by roots adapted to S/H,
correct? Should you, after a few months, repot to remove all the old
roots?

Joe T
Houston

We have never needed to do so. We move all Paphs, Phrags, and
Cymbidiums to S/H as soon as reasonable. Only problem we have ever
had with it was a Cym Golden Elf which grew such strong roots it would
burst the S/H container the second year.
SuE