Old 16-05-2006, 04:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Tracy

Default Identification request, please!

Pam Moore wrote:
On Sun, 14 May 2006 21:29:49 +0200, "JennyC"
wrote:

"Tracy" wrote in message
roups.com...
Hi peeps,

Can any of you tell me what this plant is, please?

http://www.imagefilez.com/my.php?ima...f0327small.jpg
TIA

Jenny

Yes it's a double hellebore. I have a very similar one.

Pam in Bristol

Hi Pam,
Yes, I went to Aberglasney Gardens on the weekend and couldnt believe
how beautiful this plant is - it wasnt just the colour, it was the
*feel* of it - like crepe paper!!
I emailed Aberglasney yesterday and they confirmed it was a hellebore
but a "rather special double form" - they have promised that as soon as
new stock comes in, I can purchase from their shop!

Anyway... it's hats off to JennyC and you for an excellent positive
ID!!!

Thank you )