Old 14-05-2006, 08:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Tracy

Default Identification request, please!

Hi peeps,

Can any of you tell me what this plant is, please?

http://www.imagefilez.com/my.php?ima...f0327small.jpg

TIA

Old 14-05-2006, 08:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC

"Tracy" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi peeps,

Can any of you tell me what this plant is, please?

http://www.imagefilez.com/my.php?ima...f0327small.jpg
TIA

Leaves look like Hellebore, but the flower looks like a Clematis !
Is it climbing through other plants?
Jenny

Old 14-05-2006, 08:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC

"JennyC" wrote in message

"Tracy" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi peeps,

Can any of you tell me what this plant is, please?

http://www.imagefilez.com/my.php?ima...f0327small.jpg
TIA

Leaves look like Hellebore, but the flower looks like a Clematis !
Is it climbing through other plants?
Jenny

Ah ha - found a hellebore that looks a match !!
Never knew there were double forms of them :~))
http://www.farmyardnurseries.co.uk/double.htm

Jenny

Old 14-05-2006, 08:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Tracy

JennyC wrote:
"Tracy" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi peeps,

Can any of you tell me what this plant is, please?

http://www.imagefilez.com/my.php?ima...f0327small.jpg
TIA

Leaves look like Hellebore, but the flower looks like a Clematis !
Is it climbing through other plants?
Jenny

Hi Jenny,

No. it stands on its own. The petals look and feel like crepe paper.

Old 14-05-2006, 08:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Tracy

JennyC wrote:
"JennyC" wrote in message

"Tracy" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi peeps,

Can any of you tell me what this plant is, please?

http://www.imagefilez.com/my.php?ima...f0327small.jpg
TIA

Leaves look like Hellebore, but the flower looks like a Clematis !
Is it climbing through other plants?
Jenny

Ah ha - found a hellebore that looks a match !!
Never knew there were double forms of them :~))
http://www.farmyardnurseries.co.uk/double.htm

Jenny

Yep! Looks very, very similiar - you may have just made my day!!

Thank you! )

Old 16-05-2006, 10:41 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore

On Sun, 14 May 2006 21:29:49 +0200, "JennyC"
wrote:

"Tracy" wrote in message
roups.com...
Hi peeps,

Can any of you tell me what this plant is, please?

http://www.imagefilez.com/my.php?ima...f0327small.jpg
TIA

Jenny

Yes it's a double hellebore. I have a very similar one.

Pam in Bristol
Old 16-05-2006, 04:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Tracy

wrote:

"Tracy" wrote in message
roups.com...
Hi peeps,

Can any of you tell me what this plant is, please?

http://www.imagefilez.com/my.php?ima...f0327small.jpg
TIA

Jenny

Yes it's a double hellebore. I have a very similar one.

Pam in Bristol

Hi Pam,
Yes, I went to Aberglasney Gardens on the weekend and couldnt believe
how beautiful this plant is - it wasnt just the colour, it was the
*feel* of it - like crepe paper!!
I emailed Aberglasney yesterday and they confirmed it was a hellebore
but a "rather special double form" - they have promised that as soon as
new stock comes in, I can purchase from their shop!

Anyway... it's hats off to JennyC and you for an excellent positive
ID!!!

Thank you )

Old 16-05-2006, 04:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce

Tracy wrote:
Anyway... it's hats off to JennyC and you for an excellent positive
ID!!!

This is getting very competitive!! Perhaps we ought to get organised
with some prizes or something ;o))

Old 16-05-2006, 09:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Tracy

La Puce wrote:
Tracy wrote:
Anyway... it's hats off to JennyC and you for an excellent positive
ID!!!

This is getting very competitive!! Perhaps we ought to get organised
with some prizes or something ;o))

Ooh, yes please! I would like a rather special double form hellebore,
please! )

Old 16-05-2006, 10:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce

Tracy wrote:
La Puce wrote:
This is getting very competitive!! Perhaps we ought to get organised
with some prizes or something ;o))

Ooh, yes please! I would like a rather special double form hellebore,
please! )

) Greedy! You already have a nice one. Do you have others?

Old 17-05-2006, 08:25 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Tracy

La Puce wrote:
Tracy wrote:
La Puce wrote:
This is getting very competitive!! Perhaps we ought to get organised
with some prizes or something ;o))

Ooh, yes please! I would like a rather special double form hellebore,
please! )

) Greedy! You already have a nice one. Do you have others?

LOL - thats the thing, I dont!!! I saw that hybrid at Aberglasney
Gardens but couldnt id it, so came here to ask! Aberglasney have
said, as soon as they get new stock of the plant in, they will let me
know so I can purchase from their on site shop.

So..... have any of you been known to swap cuttings, etc.. ?

Old 17-05-2006, 08:46 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC

"Tracy" wrote
So..... have any of you been known to swap cuttings, etc.. ?

Yes :~))
http://www.tmac.clara.co.uk/urgring/index.htm click 'meets')

These get together were known as URG meets and people who turn up with car
loads of cuttings, seeds, bulbs etc to swap.

Unfortunately due to various reasons several of the 'old crowd' no longer
take much of an active part in URG.
Maybe someone wants to restart the meets :~))

Jenny

Old 17-05-2006, 12:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Tracy

JennyC wrote:
"Tracy" wrote
So..... have any of you been known to swap cuttings, etc.. ?

Yes :~))
http://www.tmac.clara.co.uk/urgring/index.htm click 'meets')

These get together were known as URG meets and people who turn up with car
loads of cuttings, seeds, bulbs etc to swap.

Unfortunately due to various reasons several of the 'old crowd' no longer
take much of an active part in URG.
Maybe someone wants to restart the meets :~))

Jenny

Thanks for the link - what a lovely little website )

Old 17-05-2006, 07:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC

"Tracy" wrote in message
ps.com...

JennyC wrote:
"Tracy" wrote
So..... have any of you been known to swap cuttings, etc.. ?

Yes :~))
http://www.tmac.clara.co.uk/urgring/index.htm click 'meets')

These get together were known as URG meets and people who turn up with
car
loads of cuttings, seeds, bulbs etc to swap.

Unfortunately due to various reasons several of the 'old crowd' no longer
take much of an active part in URG.
Maybe someone wants to restart the meets :~))

Jenny

Thanks for the link - what a lovely little website )

Yes :~)
The chap who used to keep it up has become too busy..........
Jenny