Old 16-05-2006, 11:46 PM posted to rec.gardens.roses
nanner

Default New Dawn doing well

"Gail Futoran" wrote in message
"nanner" wrote in message
I planted 2 New Dawn plants from Home Depot as my first attempt last
spring.. it made about 3 strong 8' vines on each plant. Now - hooray -
they
are covered in new growth and lots of buds!!!

should i be pruning some of the new growth or the bushy looking parts
around the bottom? I don't know really what to do at this point - maybe
i'll post a photo.

thanks

Are the "bushy looking parts" growing out
of the bud union or from below it?

Gail
near San Antonio TX Zone 8

i don't know what the "bud union" means but the bushy looking stuff is way
down at the base of the plant - the buds are a few feet higher