Old 16-05-2006, 11:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce

Default bush honeysuckle

K wrote:
There's another shrubby small flowered species which at one time was
widely used for hedging, though it seems to have fallen out of fashion
somewhat.

I've got one of those, the nitida 'poor man's box'. I didn't know where
to put it in my overcrowded garden as it was a present from a neighbour
who left, so I squeezed it at the front between a mallow and a
buddleia. I forgotten about it and this year it was over 2m high and
sticking out from over the fence. So I trimmed it a couple of weeks ago
planning on doing an interesting shape, you know like a dolphin, or a
chicken .... Well, nothing at all like I had planned. I call it
conceptual art, a voluptuous curved bush, tumbling down in a spiral.
Rather different ;o)