Old 17-05-2006, 01:58 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dwayne

Default Garlic

I couldn't tell you. It was placed in a bin for resale in a grocery store.
I picked out what I thought would be enough and started there.

Dwayne (in Kansas)

"Mike" wrote in message

"Dwayne" wrote in message
Yes. I bought them at a grocery store in August. Split the cloves
apart,
planted the larger ones and used the smaller ones. By July the following
year (after the tops started turning brown and falling over) I dug them

up,
cured them (by laying them in a warm place in the shade on my deck, so
the
air could circulate around them for 10 to 12 days) and then put them in

the
coolest spot of my cellar. Then in August I started the whole process

over
again.

Dwayne (in Kansas)

Be interested to know if it was Isle of Wight Garlic ;-)

Mike

www.rnshipmates.co.uk
International Festival of the Sea 28th June - 1st July 2007