Old 16-03-2003, 11:44 AM
flake

Default Favourite gardening magazine?

"Sarah Dale" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 14 Mar 2003 22:38:28 +0000, m wrote:

The Kitchen Garden. It's about the stuff I'm interested in.

Ah! I'd heard about this one. Could someone describe it for me? I'm
currently on a one years subscription to Organic Gardener (as a birthday
present), and although I like it, it is not a lot of magazine for the
money paid for it. I was wondering whether to swap over to The Kitchen
Garden at my next birthday! Most of my gardening is of the utility
sort, but as some of you know, I built myself a kitchen garden 18 months
ago, and I'm now approaching my second season of growing fruit and veg
organically.

Hi Sarah,
I subscribe to the Kitchen Garden magazine and find it very useful. They
cover the latest in techniques (organic gets equal if not more coverage than
trad methods), varieties, have decent offers (blight-resistant outdoor
tomato seeds from France, money-off voucher for seed orders from T&M and
cheap rootrainers have been 3 I've taken up this year so far) and a good
section on what to do when. They also have a section on chickens and have
covered bee-keeping in the past. The only downside is that it's not readily
available in smaller newsagents so if you want to get a copy before subbing,
you may need to visit a decent-sized branch of WH Smiths or equivalent. It
comes out at the beginning of the month - the current issue is April, the
May issue is out on the 3rd April (usual magazine calendar logic). They
have a web site too:

http://www.kitchengarden.co.uk/

HTH; no affiliation - just a satisified customer !
Cheers, Diane