Old 17-05-2006, 10:06 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
BAC

Default Mini Gunneras

"Monkey" wrote in message

I hope someone can help me.

I am desperately trying to find mini gunnera plants but none of our
local garden centres sell them.

Does anyone know of an outlet that I can purchase them from ?

Your help would be appreciated.

Thanks

I'm not sure there is any such thing as a dwarf gunnera manicata, although I
was once sold something which was claimed to be one (it wasn't).

Have you considered a smaller alternative like astilboides tabularis? Try
'googling' for that and see what you think of the illustrations. The plants
are available mail order if your local garden centre doesn't stock them.