Old 16-03-2003, 01:20 PM
Paul Kelly

Default Best plant for low clipped hegde pls, supplimenary

"John Towill" wrote in message
Thanks for the replies to my original post as above. I would like the

hedge
to be 2 feet max, which seems to rule out the lonicera nidida. The box
seems best except that the hedge will run roughly east/west and will be in
full sun. A search of the characteristics of box says part shade.
Any further help or comments would be appreciated. Sorry that I did not

put
fuller details in my original post.

Box is fine in full sun, the shade reference is a tolerance not preference

incidentally, I got a mailshot from earlestoneboxandtopiary.co.uk recently
their stock and prices are good AND the do instant hedging Eg 60cm box hedge
@ £55/m

pk