Old 17-05-2006, 11:14 PM posted to rec.gardens.roses
Gail Futoran

Default David Austin vs. Hybrid Teas

"Anne Lurie" wrote in message
I'm not very good with roses, but my Graham Thomas rosebush is bigger than
any other 4 of them put together.

As for bloom, if we get adequate rain, it does not really stop blooming
all summer. (I'm on a well with sandy soil, so watering can be
problematic.)

What is gardening, after all, except one really long experiment?

Anne Lurie
Raleigh, NC

Hey, Anne - Nice to see you back around here.
I certainly agree with the "really long experiment".
Several of my friends think I have a green
thumb, despite my pointing out frequently that
I have tried many different types of plants and
even rose varieties that failed, and stick with
those that do well despite my "attentions".

I've had really good luck with several English
roses, not too good with other English roses -
namely Symphony, which has a gorgeous butter
yellow bloom but is a weak plant (both copies).
One my local nurseries that carries a lot of
roses really like the Austins for our area - hot,
with lots of sun.

Gail
near San Antonio TX Zone 8