Old 16-03-2003, 01:32 PM
Natalie

Default Growing potatoes in containers: FAQ clarification needed

" Hello Natalie,
I admit to never having tried shredded paper or plant material so I have
no experience on which to give a definitive answer. I don't know how
many containers you have but if you have more than one why not
experiment with a different covering in each. Results of any experiment
could well be valuable for a future FAQ amendment.
As of yesterday, (Sat), I am the owner of a second hand shredder and one
reason for buying it was to use shredded wood in my pots.
Ron Lowe
--

Hmm maybe I should buy some more seed potatoes and experiment. Maybe I'll
try one paper, one shredded plant material and one a mixture of the two.

I have a paper shredder at home and have taken my garden shredder up to
school. Now I have transfer my garden waste to school...

Maybe I'll be in a position to supply potatoes for school dinners ;-)

Natalie