Old 18-05-2006, 03:34 AM posted to rec.gardens
Myrl Jeffcoat

Default Best vegetable for a beginner to grow?

Well, you could always plant what the deer and rabbits like, and then
"poach" the deer and rabbits;-). . .I hope you know I'm kidding!

Seriously though, I have a nephew who lives in the foothills of
California. Deer, Rabbits, and other critters are a MAJOR issue in his
trying to grow vegetables, or most any plant life.

He did manage to buy cyclone fencing to corral off a plot about the
square footage of a good sized kennel.

That solution is pricey, and would buy a whole lot of Safeway
produce;-)

Good luck!

Myrl Jeffcoat
http://www.myrljeffcoat.com