Old 18-05-2006, 08:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sue

Default Tadpoles not growing legs

Stella wrote in message:

For the second year running the many tadpoles in my pond are failing to
grow legs and complete their transformation into frogs. Has anybody any
idea why this might be? Last year they just all died after lasting as
tadpoles well into the summer.

Seems time enough yet for them still to be legless!

We feed ours those little stick things you can buy by the scoopful at our
local market. (fish food) That seems to provide the taddies with their
leg -making protein and its fun to watch them all pushing the sticks round
the pond as they nibble!

Sue W.