Old 19-05-2006, 02:54 AM posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair,rec.garden
Jonny

Default Quikrete Mix for setting fence posts???

Doesn't make any difference regarding the concrete chosen. Cheap fence post
will die before the concrete caves in. Just pour it with your choice, dry
or wet pour. If you decide to move to something more substantial, please
post again with that information.
--
Jonny
"Doug Steckel" wrote in message
Hello all,

I'm getting some conflicting advice on the best mix to use for setting
fence posts for a 6ft vinyl privacy fence. I've been told that any
Quikrete mix (like the #1101) will set up if poured dry. I've also been
told that the fast setting the fast setting #1004 is far better. Someone
even told me that the non-fast setting will only have half the strength of
the red bag, fast setting mix if poured dry. I'd like to save some money
if possible but don't want to sacrifice strength over the years as this
fence will catch lots of wind over the years.

Any advice?

Thanks,

Doug