Old 19-05-2006, 02:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce

Default Tomato problem

Sylvia wrote:
Hello, My name is sylvia and new to the forum and this is my first
post...could someone please advise me on what this problem mite be. I
have planted 6 tomatoes in my greenhouse in growbags and for the last
month they have been growing well, the temperature in the greenhouse
has risen to 90 degree's on odd occasions because of our english
weather but has been well ventilated, but has now dropped to about 60/
70. the problem is-is that all of a sudden the ends of the leaves look
like they have been scorched and grey and have gone all soft and wilted
this has only happend to the ends of the leaves, this has also happenend
to the cucumbers in the same greenhouse, any advise would be greatly
apreciated as to the cause of the proplem...or do i throw them away and
start again but if i do mite i have the same problem.Thankyou for any
help.Sylvia.

Two things spring to mind: irregular watering and lack of feed like
potash. Have you been irregular with watering? When did you last feed
your plants?