Old 19-05-2006, 06:14 PM posted to rec.gardens
Phisherman

Default Mixing Miracle Gro

On 19 May 2006 07:08:29 -0700, wrote:

I use the Miracle Gro plant/fertilizer for my potted flowers. Mix it up
every 2 weeks according to the recommended proportions. Hate the job--I
have lots of potted flowers-- It is so messy.
Can I make a liquid of the blue granular product and store it in a l
gallon plastic container. Then mix it later into my 2 gallon watering
can? If so what would be the proportions for each of the 2 mixing
steps. I know they have a hose connection bottle but for my potted
plants, I want to hand water. Thanks Liz

Sounds like a good idea that would work. The dose is 1 Tablespoon MG
per gallon of water. You can make your concentrate just about any way
you please. For example,

16 tablespoons = 1 cup
16 cups = 1 gallon

Stir 1 cup MG in about three pints of warm water until dissolved, then
add enough water to make exactly a half gallon. With this
concentration one-half cup of this mix contains 1 tablespoon of MG. So
for this particular mix, you will use 1 cup of this mix in your two
gallon watering can.

I hate mixing up MG too. Every time I end up with blue stains on my
hands.