Old 19-05-2006, 03:08 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Mixing Miracle Gro

I use the Miracle Gro plant/fertilizer for my potted flowers. Mix it up
every 2 weeks according to the recommended proportions. Hate the job--I
have lots of potted flowers-- It is so messy.
Can I make a liquid of the blue granular product and store it in a l
gallon plastic container. Then mix it later into my 2 gallon watering
can? If so what would be the proportions for each of the 2 mixing
steps. I know they have a hose connection bottle but for my potted
plants, I want to hand water. Thanks Liz

Old 19-05-2006, 03:32 PM posted to rec.gardens
JoeSpareBedroom

wrote in message
ps.com...
I use the Miracle Gro plant/fertilizer for my potted flowers. Mix it up
every 2 weeks according to the recommended proportions. Hate the job--I
have lots of potted flowers-- It is so messy.
Can I make a liquid of the blue granular product and store it in a l
gallon plastic container. Then mix it later into my 2 gallon watering
can? If so what would be the proportions for each of the 2 mixing
steps. I know they have a hose connection bottle but for my potted
plants, I want to hand water. Thanks Liz

They already make a liquid concentrate in a big bottle. Very convenient, but
I haven't seen it in as many stores as the granular version. As far as how
to make it, I have a completely insane idea, but you might like it. Go here
http://www.miraclegro.com/ and click the "contact us" link.

Old 19-05-2006, 06:27 PM posted to rec.gardens

For your info, I emailed the company 2 days ago and received a reply
that they do not recommend mixing the granulars in advance. That is why
I asked here.

Old 19-05-2006, 07:23 PM posted to rec.gardens
JoeSpareBedroom

wrote in message
oups.com...
For your info, I emailed the company 2 days ago and received a reply
that they do not recommend mixing the granulars in advance. That is why
I asked here.

Ummm......so you think someone here might no something about the product
that the company's not telling you? Don't you think they want it to work as
well as possible so you'll keep buying it?