Old 19-05-2006, 08:57 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Charlie Pridham

Default Tadpoles not growing legs

"chezza" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi all

My mum has some tadpoles (courtesy of her next door neighbour) in a
large pyrex dish for my Daughter to see when we visit. Mum and Dad
feed them worms from the garden and occaisionally a little breadcrumbs,
they eat it before for the day is out and they seem to be doing very
well. They also have some of the green plant that goldfish and other
pond fish like to eat and love to eat it throughout the day.

Of the 20 or so that they have, about 5 or 6 have visible legs but you
can see the beginnings of many more legs on others growing.

Hope your tads flourish andgrow into healthy frogs. :-))))

Cheryl

But toad tadpoles are not so far advanced are they? mine are still at the
feeding on the old jelly in one place stage.
Both frogs and toads were late this year down here.
But to answer the question of no legs, its probably not enough food at the
right time.

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk