Old 19-05-2006, 10:52 PM posted to rec.gardens
Powerless Agronomist

Default Systemic insecticide for roses

"Phisherman" wrote in message
news
I can not find the granular systemic insecticide for roses. I've used
this product (any brand, Ortho, Bayer, K-Gro, etc) for many years and
now it is not available at Home Depot, WalMart, nor K-Mart. Has this
product been removed from the market? (The granules smell a little
like Circus Peanuts.) I've tried dozens of methods to control aphids
and Japanese beetles (including many "organic" controls) but the
granular systemic seems to be the most effective.

I use Actara - at my place very effective ( also I use it for vegetables)